Bright Light Chiropractic November 2023 Newsletter
Special Hours for the next two months:
CLOSED- Thursday and Friday, November 23rd and 24th for Thanksgiving
CLOSED- Monday, December 25th for Christmas
CLOSED- Monday, January 1st for New Year's Day
Dr. Elvis Presley loved his time with all of you at Bright Light Chiropractic
Now A Healthy Serving of 15 Tips and Tricks to Make Your Thanksgiving and Holidays Healthier and Happier (With a Side of Dad Jokes)
Greetings, my festive Bright Light Family! I'd like to add a sprinkle of laughter to your holiday season. Let's dig into the ultimate guide for a healthier and happier Thanksgiving and holidays, seasoned generously with a few jokes!
1. Gobble Up the Greens: Don't forget your veggies on Thanksgiving. The more colorful your plate, the healthier the feast! Though I'm a big fan of AG1 and Huel Daily Greens, eating your veggies is still the best way to get those essential nutrients.
Dad Joke: Why did the scarecrow become a successful chef? Because he was outstanding in his field!
2. De-Stuff the Stress: When holiday stress hits, take a deep breath, count to ten, and remember, it will pass. You can handle this, no sweat! This season might be a great time to learn to meditate or to dedicate 20 minutes a day to sitting quietly reading the Bible.
Dad Joke: Why did the bicycle fall over? Because it was two-tired!
3. Sleep like a Log: Speaking of being tired, quality sleep is your holiday superpower. The body heals itself when it's resting so try your best to get 6-9 hours of sleep a day.
Dad Joke: Why don't scientists trust atoms? Because they make up everything!
4. Exercise Your Way to Joy: Finding time to exercise during the holidays is a gift to yourself. So, get moving, and you'll be as joyful as a kid on a snow day. Just a 15 minute brisk walk will do wonders for your physical and mental health so don't be a turkey... get trotting.
Dad Joke: What did one wall say to the other wall? "I'll meet you at the corner!"
5. Regular Chiropractic Care: Be as consistent with your chiropractic care as Santa is with gift-giving. You'll be in top form for all the holiday festivities. Getting your spine checked every 7-14 days can make all the difference between feeling like a dim light and a Bright Light.
Dad Joke: Did you hear about the chiropractor who became a gardener? He had a knack for turning over a new leaf! That cracked you up, didn't it? That's because Chiropractors know all the Wise Cracks.
6. Meaty Temperature Matters: When cooking meat, use a kitchen thermometer to ensure it reaches the perfect temperature. Nobody wants a poultry guessing game on Thanksgiving! On your meat thermometer, a whole cooked turkey should reach an internal temperature of 165°F in the breast and 175°F in the thigh. Whole turkey, stuffed: The center of the stuffing must reach 165°F.
Dad Joke: Why did the tomato turn red? Because it saw the salad dressing!
7. Wet Your Whistle: Stay hydrated throughout the holidays. Water is your secret weapon for keeping your energy up and your spirits high! Most people need about four to six cups of plain water each day. But it may be surprising to learn that water intake is an individualized number. If you feel dizzy, have headaches, dry lips or mouth or you have dark urine... go get a drink of water.
Dad Joke: Why don't oysters donate to charity? Because they are shellfish!
8. (s)Elf-Care: Treat yourself to a massage or spa day. You'll be as relaxed as a sloth in a hammock, and twice as jolly! Call our friends Nate and Amadeus at Flex-ABLE in Goffstown to treat yourself to a stretching session. Need a massage? Ask us for a referral to people that are patients of ours and are awesome massage therapists. Interested in trying a detox before the holidays? Call our favorite Naturopath, Dr Haff. Need a way to scientifically improve your energy field? Call our friend Liz at The Quantum Healing Center of NH. These and other ways are great to enhance your health between your adjustments.
Dad Joke: What did the janitor say when he jumped out of the closet? "Supplies!"
9. Share Love , try not to share Germs: Hey, germs are everywhere, not just during the holidays but I have GREAT NEWS! You have an immune system that actually gets stronger when it's required to fight off a virus or a bacteria. After it does that, it stores Memory B Lymphocyte cells that quickly recognize those germs next time you're exposed to them. Even so, take time to wash your hands and show your love by staying home when you're expressing symptoms as your body fights off those germs.
Dad Joke: How do you make a tissue dance? You put a little boogie in it!
10. Keep Your Cool: Stay cool as a cucumber in the holiday kitchen. Remember, it's not how you take it, it's what you make it! If it gets too hot in the kitchen, sometimes it's a good idea to step out and cool yourself off. Remove yourself from stressful situations to give yourself time to calm down. When I sense that someone is pushing my buttons, I say a quick prayer: "Holy Spirit, guide my words." Give that a try.
Dad Joke: What do you call a snowman with a six-pack? An abdominal snowman!
11. Veggie Voyage: Experiment with new vegetable dishes during the holidays. Who knows, you might discover a love for Brussels sprouts that's as strong as your love for pumpkin pie!
Dad Joke: Why was the math book sad? It had too many problems.
12. Take a "Paws" for Fun: Spend time with your furry friends. They're the ultimate stress relievers, and they'll be thrilled to share some turkey scraps! Just make sure that you check thoroughly for bones and remove them before you share the meat with Rover.
Dad Joke: What do you get if you cross a snowman and a vampire? Frostbite!
13. "Spice" Up Your Life: Use herbs and spices in your holiday cooking. They're as good for you as they are for your taste buds. Doing this also will cut down on the amount of salt you need to have the food taste as good as Grandma used to make it.
Dad Joke: I only know 25 letters of the alphabet. I don't know y!
14. Family Fun and Games: Plan family activities that don't involve a screen. A board game night can be more entertaining than an episode of your favorite show. I know what you're thinking. Just try it. You'll like it.
Dad Joke: What did one plate say to the other plate? "Lunch is on me!"
15. Give Thanks: Finally, remember to be grateful for your health and happiness during this season. Count your blessings. Even when it seems that things could be better, we still have it so much better than other people. Gratitude can boost the neurotransmitter serotonin and activate the brain stem to produce dopamine." Dopamine is our brain's pleasure chemical. The more we think positive, grateful thoughts, the healthier and happier we feel.
Dad Joke: Why did the scarecrow win an award? Because he was outstanding in his field!
With these fifteen tips and a heap of really lame but still funny dad jokes, your Thanksgiving and holiday season will be a lot healthier, happier, and Brighter. So, let's raise a glass of sparkling water to good health and enjoy the holiday festivities to the fullest! And if you need a chiropractic adjustment to align your spine, your attitude or your sense of humor, you know where to find me!
Have you noticed that the days are getting shorter and there's less daylight?
Seasonal depression, also called seasonal affective disorder (SAD), is a type of depression. It's triggered by the change of seasons and most commonly begins in late fall. Symptoms include feelings of sadness, lack of energy, loss of interest in usual activities, oversleeping and weight gain. Feeling a little Dim? Get Adjusted!
OK, I already shared 15 really bad Dad Jokes so I'll keep this section short
And Now A Prayer As we embark on the month of November, I want to express my deepest gratitude for each one of you. I am privileged and honored to be a part of your wellness journey. In this season of thankfulness, may we find ourselves humbled by the incredible gift of health and the remarkable capacity of our bodies to heal. Let us be grateful for every step we take, every smile we share, every subluxation corrected and every bit of suffering that is alleviated. With hearts filled with gratitude, let us also extend our prayers for abundant health to all our friends and family and to a world in need of our collective prayers. Let's extend our intentions to encompass the healing of our world, bringing peace, health, and unity to all corners of the globe. May this month be a reminder of the blessings that surround us, and may our collective well-being be a beacon of hope and positivity to those around us. Wishing you all a November abundant in health, love, and thanksgiving. In Health and Faith, Elvis Presley, Dr. Jay, Kim, Nastassja, Kaitlin and Lori
Copyright © 2023 Bright Light Chiropractic, All rights reserved.